I consider myself extremely lucky to have an occupation that affords and at the same time requires me to sometimes go off to far-flung places that offer a great change of scenery from the usual cityscape of Manila. Long, contemplative “road trips” that perfectly match the music of Bon Iver, The Decemberists and the new Devendra album.
HUD (Heads Up Display) to monitor speed.
Motorcades to thank supportive fans and viewers of My Husband’s Lover
While sometimes it’s back to the daily traffic grind.
That’s why it’s no surprise that sometimes I oftentimes get jolted by intrusive “low fuel” protestation beeps from my trusty whip. Limited cruising distance has once again instantly turned the freedom ride into a fight to get to the nearest gas station.
In your mind you’re thinking, “Gas-tos nanaman" then you remember that you still have Globe Rewards points which can be used to at least extend your joyride. Text "BAL” to 4438 and voila! Points available reports, 1 point = 1.00 Php!
Like a desert mirage, a Petron magically appears! Time to gas up!
The whole process can be all done from the comfort of your car, but I like being hands-on and making sure the right fuel is loaded into the gas tank of my car. Not to mention giving you, my readers a firsthand experience of how easy using Globe Rewards really is.
Wait for the confirmation receipt. Then voila! Show the text to an authorised person in the forecourt in order to confirm your purchase and fill up aforementioned empty fuel tank.
Unleaded fuel! Take note! Loading one’s car with the wrong fuel type such as Diesel into a Gasoline car and vice versa can be time-consuming and catastrophic.
Choose which fuel, it’s all about preference. I went with Petron XCS which is 95 Octane fuel.
Cue 1960s lounge music.
While thinking of what pasalubong you can buy your significant other (or loved ones) with the money saved from this gas up.
There’s the magic number!
I still couldn’t believe it, such a practical and awesome deal!
Almost a full tank! Pretty sweet! I actually saved my Globe Rewards points so I could get use it on other stuff like movie tickets (Ayala Cinemas) and Figaro coffee! If you don’t have enough points for the whole purchase, you can always top-up using real dinero.
Panalo! You can even share Globe Rewards Points! Check out essential information below!
- 1 point is equal to P1 (i.e. 100 points = P100)
- Subscribers have to pay the balance in cash or credit card
- Any points value above minimum points requirement to redeem
- Merchants do not accept a fraction of a point (i.e. 0.5 point)
- Subscribers can redeem any product or service available during date of redemption
- Subscribers have to pay for the balance in cash or credit card
- Ex. P180 worth of products = 180 points, or 110 points + P70 cash/credit card
How to Redeem
- Text BUY < space > < 10-digit mobile # of cashier > < space > < points needed > to 4438. Ex. BUY 917XXXXXXX 100
- Approach the cashier to get his/her assigned mobile number to be able to proceed with your transaction.
- P1 transaction charge for Globe Prepaid and TM subscribers. No charge for Globe Postpaid.
- Postpaid subscribers should settle overdue accounts prior redemption
- 5 maximum redemption transactions only per day
- Successful transactions may not be cancelled. No points reversal upon redemption.
More info here: